Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Big Bang: Just an Opinion, Apparently

I just read this article on CNN.  I think it's a good article, it goes over the most recent discovery regarding the Big Bang and how it gives major credence to the theory in a way that anyone can understand.  My issue is that this article is in the Opinion section, and the first word you see in the tab is opinion.  The Big Bang is a theory, not an opinion.  I've talked about this before, but I'm gonna talk about it again, because there is a very important distinction.  A theory is backed up by facts, an opinion is not.  Any scientific concept that cannot be explicitly proven is a theory.  Gravity is a theory, and I'm pretty sure we're all sold on that idea.  Nobody is going around claiming that gravity is just an opinion.  It just really bugs me when people get the two mixed up, and it really irritates me when a major news website does it.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment