Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Learning New Things About Science

It's always nice to learn something new about science.  For instance, up to this point, I thought that there were only four states of matter: solids, liquids, gases, and plasma.  However, I just learned today there's a fifth state of matter, known as a Bose-Einstein condensate.  This isn't new, but it's so fundamental that I'm surprised this wasn't a bigger story.  I guess that since a lot of the time you only hear about three states of matter, the fact there's five is not a big deal.  We at least encounter plasma occasionally in our daily lives, but we'll probably never encounter a Bose-Einstein condensate.  Still, I think it's important to know as much as you can, even if all that knowledge isn't imminently practical.  So, read all about Bose-Einstein condensates, and expand your mind.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment