Monday, July 21, 2014

Beer and Space...Again

I've already written about the planetary beer series before, but that's just the tip of the space beer iceberg, it seems.  I suppose it's only natural that we want to send our beer to the limit, after all, beer is as old as civilization itself, it's been our faithful companion for thousands of years.  Sometimes, you just like to have a nice beer.  So, here's an entire article about space beer.

The article is most about the Ninkasi Brewing Company, in Oregon, and their efforts to launch some yeast into space and brew beer with it.  While the yeast was lost in the desert, they sounded like they were going to try again, and I admire their persistence.  We also got some history on space beer, and how there's a mini-brewery on the International Space Station right now.  Sapporo Beer has already made beer descended from barley grown in space, and Dogfish Head actually made a beer brewed with moon rocks in it, which is just about the best use for those that I can imagine.  If I had known about that, it would have been really cool to go there and try some.  That would probably be the only reason I would willingly want to visit Delaware.  Sure, there's lots of practical applications to researching space beer, but let's be honest.  I would pay good money to drink a beer brewed in space, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

My Other Blogs
Loose on the Internet
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment